Our Shindaiwa generators are ultra quiet and have excellent fuel economy.
At Ketek, we take pride in knowledgeable staff and exceptional service
Ketek began renting equipment in 1979, and rentals continue to be central to our business. Whether you need a generator, light tower, pump, tank or a whole lot more, we’ve got you covered. But we don’t just rent equipment. We back up our rentals with excellent maintenance and service. You can pick up and drop off from our yards anytime, 24/7. Our service hands are trained and experienced, able to troubleshoot problems in real time. Whenever you need it, wherever you need it, we’ll get it to you. We’ve been on call 24/7/365 for 43 years. That’s more than 368,000 hours in a row.
What makes a great rental fleet?
Constant upgrades. Ketek is forever upgrading its fleet so we can offer clients the best possible solution. Whether it’s switching to environmentally – and financially – friendly LED lights in our light towers or to the latest Tier 4 diesel generators, Ketek is always looking for an edge. Our Shindaiwa generators are ultra quiet and have excellent fuel economy. Much of our fleet has been custom-manufactured or individually modified to endure the challenges of industrial use and the harsh environments in which we operate. Other modifications are made to reduce the environmental impact of our operations, whether through reduced fuel consumption, sound attenuation, spill protection or camouflage.
And then there’s SmartTEK, our proprietary technology that allows you to control equipment and monitor its performance from the comfort of your office and the convenience of your phone. With the SmartTEK suite of technologies, you’ll need fewer trips to service and fuel equipment. You’ll have more efficient employees and less downtime.
SmartTEK allows you to control equipment and monitor its performance from the comfort of your office and the convenience of your phone.
The importance of regular equipment maintenance
Proper maintenance is crucial, and often ignored. Ketek strictly follows maintenance schedules and, whenever a piece of equipment comes back from the field, it is fully cleaned and serviced.
Maintenance also includes proper washing of the equipment, particularly since the advent of clubroot and other dirt-borne diseases. We clean our tanks and hoses with water at 90 degrees C. Hose ends are regularly pressure tested.
Importantly, Ketek’s maintenance division is ISO:9001-certified. It offers repair, maintenance, diagnostics and testing of generators, pumps, light towers, VFDs, starter boxes, control panels and more. We are also a Flygt-certified repair shop for submersible pumps.
Ketek’s ISO:9001-certified maintenance division repairs, maintains and tests generators, pumps, light towers, VFDs, starter boxes, control panels and more. Ketek is a Flygt-certified repair shop for submersible pumps.
Here are a few questions you might want to consider before renting a piece of equipment, depending on the nature of the job you’re trying to do:
- If you’re renting a generator, what are your power requirements? What plugs do you need? Do you want a transcube for fuel, so you don’t need to refuel as often? You might be able to turn daily refuelling runs into weekly ones.
- If you’re renting a submersible pump, what is your power supply (480 or 220 volt)?
- If you need a transformer, do you need step-up or step-down?
- What power do you have at the site that you can plug into?
- How far away are you from power? Do you need extension cords? How long?
- Do you have enough power for the equipment you intend to use?
- Will it get cold, in which case do you need a winter package?
- Are you working remotely? If so, consider a spare or backup generator.
- Can you afford to be down for a couple of days? If not, it may be best to have a backup.