Extensive Range of Experience.
In our over 25-year history, Academy has gained broad and deep project experience, providing fabrication and value-add services to projects of every size and scope. We have been a trusted, capable, and dynamic partner on exceptionally large scope pipeline and facility projects with complex owner specifications.
Delivering Premium Value
Academy works diligently to maintain our reputation for quality products and outstanding service. We recognize the hard-earned trust represented through our Master Service Agreements with major midstream producers and we consistently strive to exceed expectations.
Our team has worked with Shell, TC Energy, Enbridge, Suncor, CNRL, Parkland, IPL, Imperial, Pembina, Cenovus, Shell, and other key partners in oil and gas. We have considerable experience with tailings and oil sands fabrication.
Academy can skillfully handle very large scope projects that require fabricating pipe spools, pipe supports, and valve assemblies across multiple sites, coordinating numerous site teams, managing multiple coating shops, and more.
- Specialize in large bore pressure piping.
- We can handle 36”, 42”, and 48” valve assemblies. Ability to fabricate 48” valve assemblies in excess of 120,000 lbs. (along with the required lifting capacity for them)
- Managed piping fabrication projects in excess of 600,000 inches
- Substantial experience in P91 Chrome Alloy and Carbon Tig
- Skid Experience
Academy has completed major projects across a variety of industries, including oil and gas, mining, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, pulp and paper, waterworks, wastewater, and several commercial sectors. We have worked with a variety of project scopes that have included a combination of:
- Materials procurement
- Fabrication of piping and structural steel
- Hydro Testing
- DHT and/or Post-weld heat treatment
- Managing NDE, Coating, and other sub-contracts
- Insulation and tracing
- Shipping, logistics, warehousing, and storage
Our ambitious standards and pursuit of excellence differentiates Academy from competitors.
Academy can fabricate the piping and structural steel required of most major industrial projects. We have developed over 60 weld procedures covering a wide range of high- and low-grade:
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel
- High Nickel Steel
Utilizing these processes:
Our tradespeople and weld procedures are qualified under ASME and CSA:
- ASME B31.1 Boiler External Piping
- + ASME B31.1 Power Piping
- + ASME B31.3 Process Piping
- + CSA Z662 Steam Pipelines
- ASME Section VIII Division 1 Pressure Vessels
- CSA W47.1 Certification of Companies for Fusion Welding of Steel
- CSA W59 Welded Steel Construction
Academy’s Quality Program is registered with CWB, TSASK, and ABSA, which allows us to supply fabrication across Canada.
Who We Are
Academy Group of Companies is a leader in industrial and pipeline fabrication. We provide the highest quality and most cost-competitive solutions in Western Canada. For over 25 years, we have been a trusted, committed partner that prioritizes relationships because they are fundamental to our success. We provide core and niche services on major projects in multiple industries, including oil and gas, mining, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, pulp and paper, waterworks, wastewater, power and hydrogen, and more.
We are a complete project value-add partner with:
- state-of-the-art fabrication facilities
- an exemplary safety record and practices
- storage and warehousing capabilities
- a competent, talented workforce
- ability to manage sub-trade activities
- and much more.
Let’s Work Together
780 994 8861
Offices and Facilities
Edmonton, AB and Onoway. AB