America Oil and Gas Market 2017–By Identifying the Key Market Segments and Key players holding market share 2021
PUNE, INDIA, December 13, 2017 /EINPresswire.com/ — Synopsis
The Americas region dominates oil and gas related construction projects globally with 32% of the total value. Canada and the US accounts for 73% of the value of projects for the region, according to the CIC.
After two years of decline in oil prices and investment, the US shale oil sector has seen investment rise by over 50% in 2017, according to the International Energy Agency (IEA). Producers in the US are expected to lead global investment in oil and gas capital expenditure. US drillers are expected to add a total of 1.6 million barrels a day by 2021.
Oil majors during 2017 have sold over US$22.5 billion of assets in Canada to seek better returns, particularly south of the border in the US.
Construction Intelligence Center (CIC) is currently tracking oil and gas construction projects in the Americas with a total value of US$1.28 trillion. Of this, US$556.0 billion is in the planning stage.
Canada accounts for the highest value with US$532.9 billion, followed by the US with projects valuing US$405.7 billion. Brazil and Venezuela follow with oil and gas projects with a value of US$203.9 billion and US$36.8 billion respectively.
The Americas’ highest project investment is in liquefaction plants with a value of US$484.3 billion followed by production facilities with a value of US$337.5 billion. The highest value projects are the US$80.0 billion Libra Offshore Oil Field Development; and the US$50.0 billion Lula oil field (ex-Tupi) Development both in Brazil.
The report provides analysis based on CIC projects showing total project values for the Americas and analysis by stage and funding for the top 10 countries.
The top 50 projects are listed for the region giving country, stage, value and cu mt per day capacity if known.
Values by six types of project categories are given, e.g. refinery buildings and pipelines.
Ranked listings of the top participants for the sector are also provided showing the leading contractors, consulting engineers and project owners.
Reasons to Buy
• Gain insight into main drivers of activity and forecasts for the oil and gas construction sector.
• Assess all major projects by value, start date, scope and stage of development for the region and top 10 countries to support business development activities.
• Plan campaigns by country based on specific project opportunities and align resources to the most attractive markets.
•The highest value of projects are at the planning stage, with US$556.0 billion, followed by projects at the execution stage with US$344.2 billion.
• Projects in the pre-execution stage amount to US$250.5 billion, while projects in the pre-planning stage account for US$129.5 billion.
• Canada accounts for highest value of oil and gas projects with US$532.9 billion.
• Private investment is responsible for funding the highest proportion of projects, with 74%, with joint public and private funding at 17% and 9% of projects financed solely by public funding.
• Assuming all projects tracked go ahead as planned, annual spending on the projects would reach US$290.6 billion in 2019.
• The top contractor in the region is Fluor Corporation followed by Chicago Bridge & Iron Company NV.
Table of Content: Key Points
1. Regional Overview
2. Key Operators
3. Project Analytics by Country
3.2. The US
Get in touch:
+1 646 845 9349 / +44 208 133 9349