“We, as a company, are invested in the quality of our own data—much more than any third party,” said Alan Lee, Manager of Asset Integrity. “We needed to bring asset integrity in-house and find a solid data management system to support the program.”
Like many energy companies, Sinopec Daylight engaged third parties to inspect its assets and manage asset integrity data.
While the vendors did well, the lag time involved with submitting and receiving inspection data, alongside the burden of maintaining multiple databases, showed room for improvement.
Sinopec wanted to take the reins of its asset integrity program, connect datasets, and find the right software to manage it all.
- Supporting data integrity – With data stored in multiple places, it was difficult to ensure accuracy, completeness and consistency
- Getting information quickly – Sending and receiving information from the vendor and awaiting their updates created bottlenecks
- Discerning inspection data – The asset integrity team had trouble tracing and tracking inspection findings provided by the vendor
- High maintenance costs – Employing multiple third-party vendors meant Sinopec Daylight was paying a premium
- Different systems for different groups – Operations teams were working in software silos preventing users from getting big-picture insights
Sinopec Daylight’s Information Services team outlined their ideal asset integrity management system (AIMS) with goals to lower costs, bring processes online and improve data integrity.
- Asset integrity management – Enable the team to digitally manage MOC, maintenance, inspection and asset data in-house
- Field mobility – Skip the data entry and save money by having users do inspections and complete work via tablet/phone
- Room to grow – A solution that accomodates unlimited users, uploads, assets and attachments
- Robust reporting – Flexible reporting tools that allow the user to design and save their own custom exports
- BONUS: Eliminate other software – A solution that brings AIMS, regulatory compliance, WOs and change management under one roof
“The absolute best part about Oplii is that you get a full-spectrum view of your assets. You’re able to track something through its entire lifecycle—you see everything.”
– Rebecca Marcil, Senior Technician, Asset Integrity
Learn more at oplii.com