Oil and gas
Large midstream company
Unstaffed facility security and theft prevention
CUSTOMER SUCCESS STORY: PROACTIVE SECURITY FOR INDUSTRIAL SITES
Osprey Reach with Smart Alerts leads to arrests at unstaffed site.
With rapidly increasing rates of oilfield theft and vandalism, theft prevention has never been more important for secure, safe and efficient operations. While traditionally video surveillance systems have been used only for post-incident evidence gathering, a large midstream customer asked for a cost-effective solution to proactively detect intruders and allow them to stop break-ins in progress through effective incident response.
Osprey deployed its Osprey Reach intelligent visual monitoring platform to detect activity of interest with a combination of video analytics and computer vision, generate accurate alerts, and provide efficient online access to real-time and historical images and video. Osprey also provided the customer with its 24×7 “Smart Alerts” service, where all alerts are first sent to a third-party operations center to validate that the alert contains suspicious activity, and to initiate a call-down procedure to notify law enforcement and the right people in the customer’s operations. With Smart Alerts, the customer’s operations team can be sure all potential threats are immediately triaged, even in the middle of the night. By combining Osprey Reach with Smart Alerts, the customer now has an affordable and effective solution for proactive security.
After deploying the Osprey Reach and Smart Alerts solution, a customer site was broken into by two people at night. Once one of the suspects was detected by Osprey Reach and identified as a person by Osprey’s computer vision technology, an alert was sent to the Smart Alerts operations center. The operations center then initiated the customer-defined call-down procedure, contacting the RCMP and the customer. The RCMP and a company employee then drove out to the site, and the suspects were arrested for attempted copper theft, before significant damage could be done. Osprey Reach was then used to gather images and video for evidence to support the charges.
- Accurate detection and alerting of suspicious activity by Osprey Reach, leveraging video analytics and computer vision.
- Effective combination of technology, people and process leading to the arrests at an un-staffed site.
- Considering the costs of copper, repairs and a potential shutdown, not to mention safety hazards, the Osprey Reach with Smart Alerts solution delivered a strong return on investment based on this one incident.
- The customer now relies on Osprey’s solution at many of its sites, knowing that its key assets are monitored by leading visual monitoring technology combined with 24/7 supervision from a trained professional.
MORE OSPREY SOLUTIONS
- Remote well inspections
- Truck loading monitoring
- Gas emissions detection
- Hazardous zone inspections
- Lone worker monitoring
- Contractor billing verification
CONTACT OSPREY INFORMATICS TODAY