Sign Up for FREE Daily Energy News
Canadian Flag CDN NEWS  |  US Flag US NEWS  | TIMELY. FOCUSED. RELEVANT. FREE
  • Stay Connected
  • linkedin
  • twitter
  • facebook
  • youtube2
BREAKING NEWS:

Copper Tip Energy Services
Zachry Integrity Engineering
Copper Tip Energy
Zachry Integrity Engineering


OPEC+ to Maintain Oil Output Policy Amid Saudi-UAE Tensions Over Yemen, Sources Say


These translations are done via Google Translate

opec to consider 1200x810

Summary

  • OPEC+ likely to maintain oil output freeze in Q1 2026, sources say
  • No sign yet that Saudi-UAE tensions over Yemen will affect OPEC+ talks
  • Oil prices fell over 18% in 2025 amid oversupply concerns

(Reuters) – OPEC+ will likely maintain steady oil output at its meeting on Sunday, three OPEC+ delegates said on Friday, despite political tensions running high between key members Saudi Arabia and the UAE over Yemen.


Get the Latest US Focused Energy News Delivered to You! It's FREE: Quick Sign-Up Here


Sunday’s meeting of eight members of OPEC+, which pumps about half the world’s oil, comes after oil prices fell more than 18% in 2025 — their steepest drop since 2020 — amid growing oversupply concerns.

The eight – Saudi Arabia, Russia, UAE, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Iraq, Algeria and Oman – raised oil output targets by around 2.9 million barrels per day from April to December 2025, equal to almost 3% of world oil demand.

They agreed in November to pause output hikes for January, February, and March.

OPEC and authorities in Saudi Arabia and Russia did not reply to Reuters requests for comment on Sunday’s meeting.

Shocker Edge
MicroWatt Controls: Instrumentation & Safety System Experts

Tensions between Saudi Arabia and the UAE, which back opposing sides in Yemen’s decade‑long conflict, flared last month when a UAE‑aligned group seized southern territory from the Saudi‑backed government.

So far, OPEC+ sources have given no indication that the dispute will affect Sunday’s talks.

OPEC has often preserved its cohesion even during serious internal rifts, such as the Iran–Iraq War, by prioritizing market management over political disputes.

The UAE said it would withdraw its remaining forces from Yemen after Saudi Arabia supported a call for Emirati troops to leave within 24 hours, one of the most serious public disagreements between the two Gulf oil producers.

Yemen’s Saudi-backed government launched what it called a peaceful operation to take back military positions from the UAE-backed southern separatists on Friday, who in turn said seven Saudi airstrikes had taken place since the declaration.

Editing by Alex Lawler, Dmitry Zhdannikov and Louise Heavens

Share This:




More News Articles


GET ENERGYNOW’S DAILY EMAIL FOR FREE