Day of Registration: 7:45 – 8:15
Meals provided: Light breakfast snack, morning coffee break, Lunch, afternoon coffee break
Please advise of any dietary restrictions
Finance is a core pillar of knowledge for production accountants. Many production accountants are the liaison between the field and finance and as such, need to have a solid understanding of the type of information finance is looking for and how finance interprets results.
This workshop is geared toward production accountants who are looking to enhance their financial knowledge and analytical skills. At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Read and understand financial reports more effectively
- Interpret their organization’s financial results and communicate them more effectively
- Describe the implications of various financial terms used to describe performance
- Understand how Finance and senior Executives may analyze financial information to assess performance
- Understand the quantitative analysis behind many decisions
- Communicate more effectively with the Finance department and key decision-makers
As a result of the above learning outcomes, participants should find that their financial knowledge provides them with additional insight that ultimately will increase their career growth and potential.
- Overview of general financial concepts
- Key financial statements
- Income Statement
- Balance Sheet
- Cash Flow Statement
- Financial Statement Analysis – how to interpret financial results
- Key financial ratios and performance measures
This workshop is highly interactive. Participants will with exercises to learn through doing. It is highly recommended that participants bring a calculator with them to obtain maximum benefit.
Who Will Benefit
The workshop will be beneficial to production accountants, managers, senior managers, and directors who are looking to enhance their knowledge of finance. It will also be useful for individuals who are responsible for managing a cost centre or those who are evaluated on financial results.
To register for this event, please visit: cappa.org